PSD Notice of Assessment Information 2018-2019
Phillipsburg School District’s Notice of Assessment Information
to Parents and General Public for 2018-19 School Year
New Jersey school districts, charter schools and renaissance school projects are required by statute (N.J.S.A. 18A: 7C-6.6) to annually notify parents or guardians by October 1 of any statewide student assessment or commercially developed standardized assessment that will be administered over the course of the school year.
- Number of Testing Administrations in Districts refers to the number of times a student will need to take a particular assessment during the school year.
- Testing Mode refers to how the student will be administered the assessment. The two modes are computer-based, and paper-and-pencil. Some computer-based assessments allow students to take the assessment using paper and pencil. Be sure to inquire about the options if your child has a medical issue that would not allow him/her to take the assessment on the computer.
- Testing Time is the maximum amount of time allotted to students to complete the assessment. Most students finish well in advance of the allotted time.
- Testing Window is the period in which districts administer the statewide student assessment. It is not the actual number of days it takes a student to complete the assessment. School districts can choose the specific days within the window to administer the test. Please inquire with your district about the exact testing dates of the assessment.
- Results Available refers to date districts receive individualized student results from the assessment vendor. These results should be distributed to students, educators and families as soon as possible.